Want to know the best crime prevention device ever invented? — A good neighbor! In fact, neighbors working together in cooperation with law enforcement can make one of the best crime-fighting teams around.
Neighborhood Watch is a crime prevention program which enlists the active participation of citizens in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce crime in their communities.
Remember, law enforcement officers can’t be everywhere at once — but you and your neighbors can. Put that neighborhood “know how” to work.
How to Prevent Crime in your Neighborhood
- Get to know your neighbors
- Use your eyes, ears, and then your telephone
- If you spot something suspicious, call the police immediately
Neighbors Should Look For…
- Property being taken out of closed businesses or houses where no one is at home
- Cars, vans, or trucks moving slowly with no apparent destination, or without lights
- Anyone being forced into a vehicle
- A stranger sitting in a car or stopping to talk to a child
- Abandoned cars